Pages

Don't worry about it Mommy

Ryker was chilling out with daddy on the kitchen counter last week when I was hollering in from my computer for him to go eat his supper. After the third time I nagged him, he said calmly in that sincere tone that holds me in time, "Don't worry about it mommy." 

I paused and literally felt a bit of a release in my shoulders. 

"Pardon buddy?" I asked. I had never heard him say that before, but the kid knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Don't worry about it if my soup gets cold."

There it is. He hit me with yet another important life lesson.

He was right. Like, seriously. Relax. It's soup... Or some other ridiculously minor little thing I'm going on about.

The most simple things said hold the biggest impact. 

•••

There are so many other perfect, little things that come out of his mouth. Words that we'll never correct. Ones that carry only big impact in their cuteness.

The longest running and the best, "Nook" (Milk)
O'Tay (OK)
No piggy (No biggy)
Blanklet (Blanket)
Pack Pack (Back Pack)
Turtle Ingines (Ninja Turtles)


Dec. 17, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment