Pages

The sweetest boy in the world

"You are so cute."
"I love you."
"You are the sweetest boy in the world."
These are the things I say to our little man a million times a day.

He loves Row, Row, Row Your Boat and sings Row, Row, Row and moves his arms like he's rowing a boat.
He dances when he's eating something delicious like his Uncle Joe used to do when he was a kid.
He loves older kids. They just breathe and he laughs with admiration.
He's not saying much, but he understands everything.
He loves blueberries.

This week, he has been home from daycare and a total mommy suck and I love it and I'm obsessed with him and I already miss him like crazy thinking that he'll be back to "school" on Monday. I seriously cannot get enough of his presence and of loving and caring for him. I've been soaking in is beautiful hugs and sweet kisses and the sound of his feet on the dirty floors running circles around the house. Today, when all went quiet, he had goneoff on his own to sit on his little stool at the end table with a box of raisins, watching TV, looking so small in the big room. I peeked in and just watched him.

Sometimes when I'm not around my boys, this strong urgency of needing to be with them right at that very moment comes over me and I almost ache for them. Other times when we're together I want them to get lost, of course.
22.3.13

No comments:

Post a Comment