Pages

February... Eat it.

It's been a long weekend. Not in the sense that Monday (Family Day) was a holiday, but in that our little babes is sick. He's sick a lot. He's in daycare. But sick has never slowed him down. This time he's so weak and tired and wants to be held and then doesn't want to be touched, needs his blankie and then doesn't want to be covered up, breaks down at the drop of a dime, rolls around on the floor whining or crying, doesn't eat and arches his back as if in pain. His eye teeth are coming in and I thought, this is it... What other mamas cry about... Teething. All the other teeth just popped with no mad warning like this.

But, as it turns out we went to the doctor again today to nip this thing in the bud and he may have Bronchitis and is back on inhalers and Penicillin. Our poor little man.




I've pretty much dropped off the planet, but I'm still here... Waiting out this miserable month, looking forward to the next that brings us closer to spring and the sunshine that my mood depends on.

In better news, we're taking a road trip to Florida to see my dad and Carol. These two have been, some days, heart achingly missing in my life over the winter.
We will be reliving the road trips of my childhood - The memories of driving under highway lights through the night, staying awake with my dad, southern accents when we stop for breakfast, the gradual warmth as we get nearer and nearer... All memories and more to create with my own family and I can't wait. Nice to have something to look forward to this time of year.

Fuck February. Seriously.
19.2.13


1 comment:

  1. Oh look at his poor little face! Hope it passes as soon as possible. I really look forward to being a Mum and then I see people have days like this and think "I can wait a little bit longer!" it must be so hard to watch your little one in pain

    ReplyDelete