Pages

Huge earrings and knee-high boots

I was a kid once, and it wasn't that long ago.

I was at the variety store tonight admiring the girl in front of me all decked out ready for a night on the town paying for a pack of cigarettes and two litre bottle of Coke. Loved her huge earrings and leather boots that came up to her knees. I wondered what she was up to this Friday night. I wanted her to know that I'm cool too. That I could be out too, if I wanted to be.

I waited in line behind her with my bag of chips and dip and single sized bottle of Gingerale. Big night tonight. Big night. Bathed my baby and rocked him to sleep, kissed my husband goodbye before he headed out to his buddy's place and me, here in my PJ's, my Gingerale on ice, chips on the left and dip on the right. Did I mention it's 7:30pm? I was going to rent a movie, but who am I kidding? I'll be in bed at 9.

You know, that's my "cool" these days. I don't feel like I'm missing out, because I'm exactly where I want to be and eager to enjoy tomorrow instead of being tired, hungover and miserable.

Don't let me fool you.
I'm just as keen as the next guy to get out if it's worth the write-off of the next two days.
28.9.12

No comments:

Post a Comment