Pages

Baby Daddy

I started this a couple of weeks ago and never finished...

My work week as a reporter and pet sitter isn't the normal 9 to 5-sitting-at-a-desk work week that I sometimes long for - A job where the week ends at 5pm on Friday and you're free until Monday morning enjoying the weekend without the weight of Monday's deadline lingering in the back of your mind. But, this isn't what today's post is about. It's about co-parenting and how grateful I am to share equal responsibility for our child with my hands-on, full-heart-filled-with-love-and-fun husband. 

It's not easy working full time, being a good spouse, running a household and being a parent, but when you're doing it together, it's not all that hellacious. 

Months ago Bryon wondered out loud how he will have the energy when Ryker is older to play catch after school. Well, babe, we've made it this far. How did we give birth (Well, me - which still amazes me and I still think is inhumane.... beautiful... but inhumane), be up in the night with a newborn, keep a constant eye on an infant in constant motion and now both of us are working. Yep, we're pretty much superheroes.

I would seriously be in an insane asylum if I had a husband who referred to the time spent with his child as "babysitting". I called to him yesterday when he was changing Ryker's diaper and goofing off that he is such a good dad. I need to tell him that more often. When Ryker was born I would joke that if I wasn't nursing I could go back to work because he did everything else. 

I'm so grateful that he has been intrigued by our son since the day he was born and not waiting until the day he gets on hockey skates. I'm grateful that Ryker is surrounded by the presence of a mom and a dad in a home that is tearing at the seams with adoration for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment