Pages

In case of fire...

What would you grab from your burning house before you escaped the flames?

I know I've been writing a lot about priorities lately, and I might turn the page after this "priority post", but it amazes me how my frame of mind has changed once I've finally learned what's really important.

If you had asked me a year ago what would I take, I imagine it would've been more than I could load in the back of the truck. Ah, the furniture! The duvet! My books! All of our records! My camera!....

Tonight, when I was rocking Ryker to sleep I thought about it again. What would I grab right now if the smoke alarm went off? I looked around his room - nothing. I pictured our bedroom - nothing, and I visualized my way down the stairs and through the rest of the house.

This is what I came up with: Me, Ryker, Bryon, the dogs and if we went out the door we usually use I would grab the dog's leashes off the hook on the way out so they couldn't tear around town once we were out.

And... if I had time, the two picture albums off of the mantle and our keepsake chest. But the loss of those things wouldn't be devastating.

Then I thought, I would get all new clothes!

Think about it.
29.9.12

No comments:

Post a Comment