Pages

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

I finished my Christmas shopping and wrapping today. Fa La La La La. 

For the first time in many a Christmas time, I am feeling the Christmas spirit. I love the ambience that Christmas brings into our home with the tinsel glistening on the Christmas tree, the lights entwined into the garland with red bows and pinecones, the Christmas music, holiday movies and Santa bedtime stories.

Last week, I explained the Santa side of Christmas to Ryker for the first time. The elves make the toys and pack them into Santa's sack who, with the help of his reindeer pulling his sleigh, delivers them to children around the world on Christmas Eve. He just stared off while the wheels turned inside his head as he tried to put it all together. The beauty of parenthood is reliving and rekindling the magic in these sorts of things.

I am especially excited to give. I feel like a giddy kid counting down the sleeps. I can't wait to come down the stairs with Ryker on Christmas morning and tell him that Santa was here. This is the first Christmas where he's old enough to have helped me decorate the tree, told Santa what he wanted for Christmas and it's our last Christmas as a family of three.

It's not about the presents, it's not about the shopping, yeah, yeah, yeah...
Shopping for Ryker has been so much fun! Mostly because I can't keep Bryon out of the toy aisles, scooping up reminiscents of our past that have become some of Ryker's favourite things like Hot Wheels and Ninja Turtles. I love how special he wants to make it for Ryker.

I am most excited and don't want to miss the first second Bry sees the big, silver bow on a gift he's been longing for and one he so much deserves.

Until then, we wait for the white stuff while we sit cozy in the glow of the strands of lights and gear up for a bit of baking, friendly festivities and building more beautiful family memories.








Dec. 9, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment