Pages

Toddler & other things in life

He'll be 17 months old tomorrow. I dropped him off in the toddler room this morning and he never looked back. I just went to take a picture for work next store to the daycare and there he was. His blue winter coat and orange mitts playing outside with the big kids. I went to the fence to say hi and it was almost like he didn't know who I was... and he was off. I watched from the sidewalk as he stood at the fence watching the even older kids playing and then took off, little shorty, to climb the stairs to the slide and come down with no one waiting for him at the bottom.

In other things in life... I have a lot of catch up to post on here. Like that we just got home from Florida, the skies are still grey at home, one of my fluff pieces is being printed in a magazine, I'm worried about money for the first time in my life, I like our home again because we were away for a week, I want to rid it of meaningless possessions, Grump is dying of cancer.

Grump is dying of cancer. It's consumed me since we were told last night that they have stopped treatment and that he is on his own through the rest of the battle that he's fought so hard for the last year and a half. I'm not sure what to say or to do and feel stupid for getting upset because it makes me feel that I'm making it about me and not about Grump and his feelings and his pain. But, it is about me and it is about the kids and it is about Jody and my family and the sadness and wanting to give everything to make it better. It is about being strong to send positivity in his direction because we're not giving up because when we thought he had been beaten in the beginning he kept beating back.
12.3.13

No comments:

Post a Comment