Pages

The Fossil Guy

I just returned from covering a garden club special guest speaker presentation on The Wonderful World of Fossils for the local newspaper. 

 Through my work I meet so many people, hear so many stories and learn so much. Tonight, it was about fossils, but I was much more intrigued by The Fossil Guy's passion for something than the fossils themselves. 

Inspired. My this week's theme. My response to an email interview with one of the young professionals I'm highlighting in a business magazine this month. A young professional born the same year as me, married with a son born the same year as mine, but he has accomplished much more meaning in his life.

 He graduated high school at age 16 and moved on to do missionary work with orphanages and churches in more than 10 countries and then traveled to the same number for pleasure. He took part in Hurricane Katrina Relief work and moved to Alberta to be the Director of Operations of a Youth Drop-In Centre. With three others, he recently founded the organization "Community 4 Hope" - Bringing hope and making a difference, but more importantly spurring people on to get off their "duffs" to ignite a fire for change.

Inspired to be passionate. Inspired to do something, but then again I've always had good intent...
3.18.13

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration is all around us and in everything we do. Never sell yourself short. Others may be inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete