Pages

Hmmm...

Ryker and I just came in from a short walk down the street and back. The sunshine was deceiving. He sunk his hand in patches of snow in neighbour's yards and stopped intrigued by the wind chime hanging in the tree of the yard of the woman with the red door.

He's really getting so big so fast. It seems to come and go, the feeling of him taking leaps. Sometimes it goes unnoticed and the next week he won't stop doing new things. Like helping daddy empty the dishwasher and me load the dryer. Putting his shoes away in the closet and his book back on the shelf. Walking down the two steps that take you to the front hall and then out the front door and up the walk.

I had a great night with friends on Friday for my girlfriend's 30th birthday and of course had too much fun and stayed up too late and so my husband drove around for work the next day because I was dead to the world. I had to take a picture for the newspaper of Scrapbooking Day and then give a cat an insulin shot and then take a picture for the newspaper of a child's NASCAR birthday party in which he collected donations in lieu of gifts.

Most days in my life would make a really good comedy skit.


Did I mention it's been a long time since I've felt any other thing deserved my time more than my family.
3.17.13


No comments:

Post a Comment