Pages

Tomorrow is another day

Which makes today a new day.

At the suggestion of having Ryker go to daycare an additional day, my husband said, "Or, you could just work less." And, let's be honest. I make the things in my life feel WAY more demanding than what they really are. For someone with anxiety, the final result of all of the things you need to do is much less than what time and space thinking about doing those things make up in your week.

Today, my new day, I feel refreshed. I woke before everyone else and just laid in bed listening to Ryker awake across the hall and then brought him to bed for a morning play and to wake daddy. I got him ready for "school" and sent them both out the door - running back out to kiss my husband goodbye because lately there's no room for him in my so busy world.

I remembered to take my vitamins and actually had a healthy smoothie for breakfast rather than remembering in the afternoon that I hadn't eaten anything yet. I met deadline two hours early, let something mildly disappointing roll off of my shoulders, walked dogs, grabbed a few groceries, threw in a load of laundry, cleaned the bedroom, showered and shaved, and am prepared for tonight's meeting I am covering for work.

So on this dreary, but eerily mild December afternoon, I am not going to come up with something to feel sorry about myself for, but I am heading out to surprise Ryker two hours early at "school" and go to the park.
3.12.12

No comments:

Post a Comment