Pages

Ornaments

I recognized a holiday tradition I've been following that I didn't even realize until last night while decorating the tree. Like my mom I don't decorate our tree with bulbs in the colour of the latest Christmas trends or as you would see in a Style at Home magazine. Like my mom did when we were growing up and still does, I load it up with mismatched ornaments that have a story and we reminisce about where they came from as they get hung on the tree. The more the merrier! 
A lot of our ornaments have come as stocking stuffers from my mom-in-law, like the Montreal Canadiens ornaments she gave Bryon one year that have grown on me. We have ornaments made from the cut of the bottom of mom and Jay's Christmas trees over the years that Jay made into ornaments and Bry's new one this year: the Elf rocker. 









Last night we decked out the tree while Ryker was asleep so it would be a beautiful, shining surprise for him in the morning. It didn't even phase him other than eventually pulling on a couple of ornaments. I suppose the less fascination he has with the tree this year, the better.
9.12.12

No comments:

Post a Comment