Pages

Just for Today...

I will give thanks to my many blessings.
I will not worry.
I will not be angry.
I will do my work honestly.
I will be kind to my neighbour and every living thing.

I'm not sure where this originated, but it was given to me from José Van Haastert, of Inner Impact. She is a Reiki teacher and practitioner outside of the town I live and a good energy to be in the presence of.

The Reiki experience
In March of 2010 I met José when I wrote an article about the Reiki experience. She gave me a Reiki treatment and I went back a couple of times after that. I just found notes in my journal of what I gained from those experiences. Why haven't I been back since? I guess because any time I have a wellness breakthrough I think that's all I needed. Like working out. After a couple of months I feel great, so I just stop.

I want to share with you a bit about Reiki and the Law of Attraction.
Reiki is a way to increase your life energy. It is an ancient hands-on healing technique which channels universal life energy through the hands of a practitioner to the body of the receiver. Rei-Japanese word meaning universal. Ki- means vital life force energy, which flows through all that is alive. 

Law of Attraction: Like attracts like. You attract to your life whatever you give your attention, energy and focus to; whether negative or positive. You get what you put your energy and focus on - wanted or unwanted.
The Law of Attraction is working in your life right now; whether you are aware of it or not, you are attracting people, situations, jobs, etc. into your life. By focusing on your problems and things that didn't feel right or good, you are actually creating more problems and bad feelings.
Once you are aware of it and how it works, you can start to use it to deliberately attract what you want.
Think of yourself as a magnet. It doesn't try to attract, it simply does attract. We attract the likeness of what we are thinking about. It's that easy.

The universe doesn't respond to negatives. So, for example, instead of saying, "I don't want it to rain", try "I want the sun to shine". 

Ask yourself, What do you want?
•••
As a way to relieve stress and anxiety, José taught me to take four deep breaths before laying in bed. Be sure you are breathing with your stomach, not your chest. Push your stomach out as you inhale, filling it with air, and in as you exhale. Place your hand on your stomach to feel it rise as you inhale through your nose and then exhale through your mouth, deflating. Once you can do this in bed and find relaxation, carry it with you throughout the day.


The week I learned about the Law of Attraction, Bryon was leaving for hockey and had been disappointed in his game lately. Before he left we talked about positive thinking and he left knowing he would have a good game and I sent those positive thoughts with him too. I told him to have fun and he left for the game... He told me the good news when he got home. Hat Trick! Final score: 7 -3. 

Ok, so the story didn't blow your mind, but I'm a firm believer in that there is no such thing as coincidence and this hit home for me. We still have the puck from that game as a reminder to think positive thoughts and positive things will come our way.
13.8.12