Pages

And papa's not amused (2/2)


All it took was taking the plunge into the great white page.

I was up into the wee hours of the night again last night, not because of The Teething Beast, who slept soundly like his sweet self, but because since I landed in 'Blog World' only yesterday I've been struck by motivation and inspiration.

I had crept to bed early with the intention of catching up on some sleep after the long weekend, but couldn't resist bringing the laptop along to browse the written genius of my fellow bloggers.

My husband, and incredible father to our nearly nine-month-old-son, came to bed a few hours later, where we kick-started the ongoing argument of him not being able to sleep with the lamp on.

"You've been up here for hours already," he says. "It's time to sleep." I retaliate with yet the same rebuttal as always: That he will be snoring in two minutes like any other night.

There are some issues we just can't seem to get past, or perhaps that our stubborn selves aren't willing to back down from. Either way...

Often after an argument where we go to bed angry [Yeah, yeah. I know], I lay awake for hours brewing up something that's not, carrying it to an obscure level and wondering if, you know what, maybe we should just call it quits.

Over yonder on the other side of the bed, while my world is crashing down, without a stir or a sigh he has sunk into the deepest sleep. Peacefully snoring away without a care in the world - Waking only throughout the night to the lamp sporadically flicking on so I can jot down some new insight that will otherwise be forgotten by morning.

My point: I swear he can sleep with the lamp on.

His point: Not taken.

The point: Papa might not be as amused as I, that Mama got her groove back. 
4.7.12