Pages

The Good Wife

Tomorrow my husband turns 30, and like I said when I turned 30 last year... He says he is right where he wants to be.

Somehow since then I wandered from that good place called contentment and slipped back, tripped on some old-school low and lost direction. And I gotta say, It would be easier to keep spiraling than to be a good wife, mother and friend.

But it doesn't make sense. So, in honour of my husband's 30th year, I'm not just loving, but proving it.

In my efforts to be a kinder person and a better wife, I've baked him, with love, a brownie cake.... FROM SCRATCH for the first time ever, prepared his favourite meal for tomorrow, helped Ryker with a homemade gift and I might just slip into that piece I bought for our wedding night almost three years ago but have never been brave enough to wear. :)

And in his card I write: In my 30th year, I was proud and in yours, I am, of you and the husband and father you are.
xo

It's from the heart, and it's a start.
09/19


No comments:

Post a Comment