Pages

I "work from home"

I start off every week with good intention. My biggest procrastination is writing. No matter how hard I try, I can't wrap my mind around getting my stories in by Friday so I can enjoy my weekend and not be stressed about meeting Monday's deadline.

I mean, the interviews are done, the info is at my fingertips, the week's photos are saved into my computer. Throw it together and hit 'Send' damn it.

So in an effort to prioritize I took a tip from a Blog I read about ways to successfully work from home and made myself up a weekly schedule... while I was supposed to be meeting deadline yesterday morning. 

Monday's & Tuesday's mapped-out schedule
7am: Wake 
7:30am: Ryker daycare
8am: Pet sits
9 - 10:30am: Freelance
10:30am - 1pm: Pet sits
1pm - 3pm: Freelance
3pm - 4pm: Pet Love
4:30pm: Computer off for the night
5pm - Ryker daycare

What really happened Monday
8am: Wake
8:30am: Ryker daycare
9am: Pet sits
10am - 11am: Freelance
11am - 12:30pm: Pet sits
12:30pm: Check email, Facebook, read Blogs, throw in laundry, empty dishwasher, clean bedrooms, switch up bedroom curtain rods and curtains, sweep house, check email, Facebook, de-clutter living room, throw in more laundry, think about vacuuming the raisins out of the rug, take out the garbage and recycling, pick up toys, wipe down kitchen counter, eat a donut.
3pm: Watch Dr. Phil, fold laundry.
4pm: Check email, Facbook, line up a few things for the week.
4:30pm: Start dinner
5pm: Pick up the little man.
The only thing I did do was turn the computer off for the night!

And, what's really going on today
8:30am: Wake
9am: Ryker daycare, pick up a coffee
It's 9:59am: I checked my emails, just got off Facebook and am writing this post while drinking my coffee. According to my weekly schedule I should have my morning pet sits done, be knee-deep in writing and just getting ready to get out the door to walk dogs. This is getting out of hand.

That's right. I "work from home". 
5.2.13

No comments:

Post a Comment