Pages

Nose

Ryker was sitting nestled into Bella, as he often is, cuddling and hugging or resting his cheek on the side of hers or just hanging in her half moon with his back resting against her belly and playing. 
I asked him where Bella's nose is and he touched his own.... For the first time. I wonder if he picked it up at daycare today or if he just figured it out because I've been showing him for a week. When I asked him where mommy's nose was, he put his finger up his nostril and pulled out a present. 
Time to stop picking my nose. 




Tonight between Ryker coming home from daycare and before I had to head out for a meeting in the same motion as Bry was coming in from school I had short and sweet quality time worth mentioning so that I don't forget it.
Ryker already eaten a grilled cheese sandwich and corn for dinner with pineapple for dessert (Just realizing how disgusting of a combo that is!) and was changed and in his PJ's and I warmed myself a bowl of spaghetti and sat on the living room floor with a glass of ice water. Ryker hung around trying to fish the ice cubes from my drink and I put the glass to his lips, held up his chin and poured some into his mouth, as we often do. He likes to do big people things. I picked up a noodle and tilted my head back and opened my mouth wide and dropped the noodle into my mouth and then did the same for him. For some reason, in that instant I felt connected - a feeling that doesn't wash over me often. I asked for a kiss and in the same motion that the next noodle dropped into his mouth he leaned forward for a spaghetti sauce smooch. 

It's always the little things... Like daddy cutting the crust off of your bread.
28.1.13

No comments:

Post a Comment