Pages

I did it.

Today, I did it. Nothing. That's right. I spent the day with my gorgeous little man at home, while the snow caked our windows and the wind whistled through our chimney. It was glorious. Yes, I did that too. Used the word 'glorious'.

I Googled, "What to do with a one-year-old" before bed last night and first thing this morning I lined up chairs so he could crawl through their tunnel for a solid two minutes. I added some more chairs and threw a blanket over them in a pathetic attempt to build a fort. That was fun for 30 seconds. I poured flour on the kitchen floor and that kept him occupied for a minute before he grabbed the broom and started to sweep. I went downstairs and got the basket of mismatched socks and we played with that for an hour. Sorting them, balling them, Ryker putting them in and out of the basket and them hopping into it himself. What to do with a one-year-old? Let him be hands on in the things you do in an ordinary day.

The best part of today, we had an afternoon nap together on the couch. I'm not sure how it happened, but I soaked in it. Mama and baby naps have been something of the past since his newborn days. Hey, I could get used to this. Good thing, because I have almost two weeks left of it!
21.12.12

No comments:

Post a Comment