Pages

Un-captured memories

It occurred to me today that I can't remember the last time I took a picture of Ryker. He is 13 months old and I swear have a picture of every move he made in his first year, but haven't captured any beautiful memories of the last month.

This made me feel a little panicked, like if I don't get the picture I won't remember. So, in my panic I started to jot down the things he's doing now and what he's in to.

There have been many instances where I see a good photo, but know that by the time I get the camera, it will be over. I guess the reason is that he is just so busy now, I'm not sure how I would capture anything or maybe it is that I'm learning to live in the present and am not thinking about having to grab the camera.

I need to keep it closer to me so I can capture him laying on Bella and hugging her with his whole body, blowing on his dinner like mommy and daddy do before he gets a bite, dancing to the clock radio, staying up later now that he's older and vegging out with us, tearing apart the kitchen pulling every piece of Tupperware he can find from the drawers and his little feet pitter-pattering as he races back and forth from room to room (he can do that now because we've expanded his living area into the kitchen and dining room), making his mouth into the shape of a little 'O', eyes big and pointing at the TV when he watches cartoons which he's kinda into now and sometimes he laughs at the screen.

My most favourite un-captured memory was of him and I, yesterday, walking hand-in-hand down the sidewalk for the first of millions of times to come. He stopped to mark up store windows with his little palms flat on them when he saw a stuffed reindeer or a teddy bear.

This was a huge little boy, big moment.
15.11.12

No comments:

Post a Comment