Pages

Last night's rarities

It was a rare late night with the wee one. Something was bothering the poor little guy when he woke up after being asleep for a couple of hours already. He has a cough and is stuffed up and maybe teething? Isn't that what everyone says? He's probably teething.

He would fall asleep and then jolt awake, like I do when I'm dreaming I'm about to walk off of a step or cliff. The good thing about it was that when he finally fell into a restless sleep he was in bed with me all night! Not such a sweet deal for daddy who was pushed to the couch, but this also is a rarity.

I know most mamas struggle to get their wee one out of their bed, but him in our bed is yet another last night rarity and I bathed in his sweet cuddles.

Needless to say I'm exhausted on this cold, dark day. Our town's weather winding down after it was greeted by the effects of Hurricane Sandy in the night. I was out this morning snagging the front page windstorm money shot for this week's edition of the newspaper and now... I'm on the living room floor, sunk into the plush rug, covered in a quilt, still in my PJ's using the couch as my desk. And, yes, I should be working.


I went to visit a new baby yesterday afternoon to congratulate the new parents and have a cuddle, but also hoping that I would get an earful of newborn horror stories that would drive away my desire to have a second child already. It didn't work. The tiny sweet girl in my arms only added to the fire.

A handful of playdate mamas with a one-year-old are already pregnant with their second or third baby and today I'm feeling especially jealous. Maybe it's the time of year, remembering our days one year ago, cozy and all together tucked inside our quiet and warm home in awe of our gorgeous little creation.

*Sigh*
30.10.12

1 comment:

  1. My money is on the full moon ... we had one Monday night. :-). Helen T.

    ReplyDelete