Pages

Watch you

Dear Ryker,

What does mommy always say when all goes quiet and I have a peek at what you're in to? I tell you, I'm watching you mister. Even when you think I'm not.

This is what I do. Watch you. Watch you discover new things, try new things, your face form into one of your million inquisitive expressions, and your eyebrows lift as if trying to open your eyes bigger to see more or eyes fold in question. I watch you stand up at anything you can pat your hands up onto and then let go and hang there standing and then drop to your bum, palms hit the floor and take off.

I just watch you take it all in. Sometimes while in rapid motion, other times still and content. Wonder what you're thinking and then wonder if you are actually thinking what I think you're thinking.

Sometimes when I watch you, I imagine watching a handful of you in years to come. That's not in "our plan"; however, when baby number two joins us one day, I will still be watching you too. Because you and the things you do will always amaze me.
28.8.12

No comments:

Post a Comment