Pages

His first fit

Last night I was getting Ryker dressed for bed after his bath, already pushing bedtime too far. He was fussy and ready for his bottle.

His breaking point came when the pajamas I put on him didn't fit and I had to change them. He straightened his arm so that I couldn't get it into the sleeve and fussy turned into his first fit. I was shocked and admittedly a little disheartened.

Ahhh, his first expression of anger.

His face went red and with his eyes wide open he grabbed my hand and wildly forced it toward his mouth in an effort to utilize those two new chompers. Yes, he tried to bite me.

I completely understand, at only nine months old, he can't verbally communicate or comprehend my words, but this was not exactly the ideal form of communicating.

I simply said, "Ryker" in a calm, concerned, tone when on the inside his temper kind of freaked me out.

I fear I got a glimpse of what's to come.

Hard to believe that baby I put down to bed last night, was the same one standing up in his crib bouncing and rattling the rails, ecstatic to be greeted, rescued and start a new day!

With a smile like that, how can I possibly think he could ever be angry?
18.7.12


Last month, I found Ryker standing up in his crib for the first time.